Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Ice Cream Bowl Episode

A different kind of story. A short story about a date. 
It's an old story now. Nothing fancy or out of the ordinary, just a movie.

Before it started, he got a nice big bowl of ice cream. And one spoon.
He offered to share.
I love, love ice cream. But I declined his offer.
To eat out of the same bowl?
To share the same spoon?
He mentioned that he had served extra so we could share
Awkward
I made an uneasy attempt, an uncomfortable effort.
But I wasn't convincing, nor was I sincere.

I shortly after told the story of what had happened.
Only to realize that he wasn't a weirdo. I was.
I had forgotten about sharing.
I had forgotten that someone who cares will want to share with me. 

The ice cream bowl episode became symbolic.
Of how far I was coming from.
Of how much I had to work on before being able to open up again. 

Oh how long ago it was. How far I have come. 

Burano, Italia - May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment