Sunday, March 13, 2011

They say...

French Alps viewed from Aiguille du Midi - France
My favorite quote:


Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Everyone seems unsure as to who really is the author of this quote but nevertheless, it has stayed with me since the first time I heard it, many years ago. I decided I'd rather live a short, passionate life, than a dull, long one. Unfortunately, I know that a lot of people would agree with this, not realising that even though that's what they think, that's not how they're really living their lives.

Blue Moutains - NSW, Australia

We should let ourselves be amazed by the small things in life. If the sunset is particularly beautiful tonight, stop and stare, for however long you want.

We should push our limits and try new things. It's the easiest way to discover ourselves and what can take our breaths away. I never thought I'd sky dive, yet I did and it blew me away!

And I believe we should also think of all the amazing memories we've made in the past, whilst continuing to create them in the present. Never think of the past as a better time - as today can always get better.

My only wish is to live with no regrets and let as many songs, scenery, sightings, smells, smiles and feelings take my breath away...


Images here definately took my breath away on the day I took them... 
but aslso everyday since then

2 comments: