Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Time Abroad

Big Ben - London, England


We landed in Gatwick.

Everything felt a bit unreal and a boost of energy came out of nowhere to convince us to go out, looking for adventure. 
I forgot how tired I was from the night flight and put on whatever non-matching clothes I had packed in a hurry, back in Vancouver.


Walking up and down the narrow streets, amazed by the simpliest things: 
old red phone booths; 
double decker buses; 
black cabs everywhere; 
so many people dressed differently... 

We joined a typical tourist bus and tried to take everything in, not wanting to blink and miss a thing!


Red Buses - London, England
And then it happened. 

We walked, hoping to be going the right direction, turned a corner and came to a stop. 

We looked up and there it was, right in front of us: 

Big Ben. 

It finally sank in. 

It was real. 

I was in London. 

First time in the reknowned city, first time in England, first time in the whole of Europe!

Little did I know I would end up moving there, from all the way across the ocean, only a year later...

No comments:

Post a Comment