Saturday, April 2, 2011

My #1 value

Why do people lie?

This is one thing I probably will never understand... Isn't it so much easier to simply tell the truth? Instead of spending energy trying to make up a plausible lie? 
If you do or say something, you need to be able to face the consequences and this includes facing the fact that other people should and will know the truth.

Innocent butterfly - Costa Rica
It's one thing to lie to a stranger about things that are just none of their business, but why lie to the people you love and care about? I have enough respect for my friends and family to let them know the truth. 


I remember a very touching quote from the movie The Kite Runner: "There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. [...] When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth."

Moreover, when you lie to someone, you are disrespecting them and basically saying they're not good or important enough to know the truth and/or too stupid to figure out your games.

The truth will never hurt as much as finding out someone has been lying to your face. 

Honesty is the most important value for me so if you don't agree, then please don't come into my life.

3 comments:

  1. The more I read you, the more I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I write, the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Des fois, les gens ne sont pas prêts à entendre la propre vérité qui sorte de leur propre bouche... C'est une autre réalité avec laquelle il faut vivre et apprendre à comprendre et respecter l'individu qui ment.

    Si on ne tiens compte que d'une variable, c'est vrai ce que tu dis mais des fois... il faut aller chercher d'autres variables pour comprendre la signification et plus loin que la surface du simple mensonge.

    ...les blessures qui font que la personne se cache derrière son mensonge qui à la base, elle se fait à elle-même avant de le faire à son interlocuteur.

    ReplyDelete