Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Impressions

What is it that makes us love (or hate) a city, a town...?

Harvard - Boston, MA, USA


Waterside - Boston, MA, USA




The first impression usually comes from the people, the weather and the architecture. Smiling people make you wanna smile back, sunny weather makes you want to go explore and the architecture sometimes even makes you want to live there! 

I arrived in Boston on a sunny late afternoon. The air felt warmer than back home, the sun was more than welcoming. I found a city full of happy, lively people. It made me want to  get some trainers and go running along with Harvard students, by the waterside, where rowers smoothly conquered the river. As for architecture, I must have fallen in love with a dozen different appartments and houses within the first few minutes...





Just like with people, falling for places we visit is unpredectible. It can be love at first sight, or you may have to learn to appreciate a city, or sometimes it's just simply not for you and you know it will never work out...

Downtown - Boston, MA, USA
As for me and Boston, I love way too many places in this world to pick one out to live right now... I wish I had a million years to live, or maybe a hundred clones, just so that I could do it all!


Harvard - Boston, MA, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment