Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Materialism? Or Therapy?

A hole in the world.
A hole in the mind, in the heart.
A hole in my pocket.

 California, USA
I bought a pair of shoes because I needed it.
But while I was at it I thought I might as well spoil myself and get the One pair of Red Shoes.
It felt so nice and I was excited at the thought of wearing them.
Wore them for a whole day...and I needed more.


So I ordered myself the speakers for my laptop that I craved so much.
I thought I might as well get the mouse I wanted too.
I couldn't wait to listen to my favorite songs and sing at the top of my lungs.

I also bought new clothes.
Thinking I'd feel more attractive or maybe even happier?
Emptiness came crawling back.

I finally went all in and put my amazing new camera on my credit card.
I had wanted it for so long.
This was great.
Couldn't stop testing and discovering it.

But really? Would a car even be big enough to fill the hole? Do I need to find out?

1 comment:

  1. no don't try. Camera always a good thing to have when you are a traveler like you. Nice picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete