Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One of my favorite games

It starts by asking yourself: Where was I this time last year? (My answer: Sydney, Australia)

Rainbow Beach - QLD, Australia

And then think of all the things that you managed to do from that day on, up until today... 

My answer: Got a new position at work, visited the East coast of Australia, quit my job, went to Fiji, met my sister and then a friend in Hawaii, when to California for the first time, ended a long term relationship, started a new job... all the while making new friends from around the world!
And if I added the things I learned: Diving, driving stick, how to listen to my intuition, learned about different cultures, the list could go on and on.

It makes me realise that a year goes by really quick. But I can still make the most of it, I can still do a lot of pretty amazing things!


Waya Island - Yasawas, Fiji

Once step one is done, I like to think of everything I wanna do before this time next year. I try to guess where I'll be, hoping that life will keep on surprising me.

In the next year, I'll visit Boston and New York. I'll go back diving. I'll buy my first car, get a raise at work, spend a week snowboarding somewhere awesome, visit my friends in Calgary and Vancouver, master my new camera... I'll go camping as much as I can, I'll go back to the old family cottage.

Again, the list could go on and on... I can't wait to see all the amazing things life has in store for me until this time next year!

And when I get bored or I wander about my life. I just play my little game again and make what I want of it.

2 comments:

  1. I am constantly so jealous of your life Jess!! I wish I could post a fraction of what you've done in the game but seeing as all I've done is work at Unilever there's not much fun in writing that depressing one answer list! Doing my very best to save and go travelling again though - keep on keeping us all inspired x

    ReplyDelete