Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Canadian cliché

Canadian Rockies - BC, Canada
I asked what comes to your mind when you think about Canadians:

1 Maple Syrup
3 Ice Hockey
1 Eh!
2 The Rockies

I can't say I'm surprised with the winner here. But my own favorite is definitely Maple Syrup. I could eat it at anytime and with anything! Yes, I say Eh, I learned how to snowboard in the Rockies and I have dated a hockey player, but for me, nothing speaks Canadian the way Maple Syrup does. When I'm away from home, I crave Maple Syrup, not a hockey game... You can give me maple butter or put it in a recipe, but I'll be offended if you try and give me maple-flavoured syrup!

I don't mean to brag but Canada produces most of the world's supplies (Quebec being the largest producer!!) so next time you're around this time of the year, make a stop at the Sugar Shack and understand the true meaning of the Canadian flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment