Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home is where the heart is

Of all the places I've been to lately...

I felt at home wherever I was, as long as I was following my heart and as long as I was with the one I loved.


His arms became my home. My home became his arms. 
They felt safe, but also a lot of fun. 
It's where I could live and dream without a worry.
No matter where I was or what I was going through, it felt right, it felt comfortable.

I built my home over time and believed it was strong enough to conquer the world. 
But the problem with building a home with someone is that you don't get to decide on everything. 
And so obviously, one day, it fell apart. 
There was nothing I could do for my broken home. 
My favorite place in the world became inaccessible. 
His embrace was my home no more. 
I became homeless, broken and lost.

It is much harder to build a home alone... and it inevitably gets lonely from time to time. 
Will it always feel like there's something missing?


No comments:

Post a Comment