Friday, February 4, 2011

Great Expectations

Before hitting a new destination, we always have expectations, preset ideas of how great it's going to be. So much that sometimes we think it's not good to expect it to be too great, as if we'd only be asking for disappointment. But when we hear a lot of good things about a place, and when the pictures look so perfect in our research, we can't help but expect a magical experience...
Nacula - Yasawa Islands, Fiji
The best surprise? When everything you've heard and seen about the destination turns out to be exactly, perfectly, undeniably true.


Waya - Yasawa Islands, Fiji


In all honesty, it has happened a lot to me, but then again some people would not agree with my positivism. One thing is for sure though, no one would deny this is true about visiting Fiji. Whilst planning my trip, I expected pristine water and peaceful beaches. I thought the people would be warm and charming, my experience relaxing yet enrichissante. And I was even hoping to get cheap Fiji Water... 
I ended up getting all of that and didn't even have to look for it! I spent a few days on a private beach, explored some of the best diving spots in the world, admired breathtaking scenery, discovered a new culture and tasty foods and partied just enough.



Dolphin Bay - Vanua Levu, Fiji







Fiji is exactly like we expect it to be and definitely worth the trip! But please, do not stick to just one island!
Go explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment